Welcome back to a brand new decade, a brand new year and indeed a brand new term. Also a special welcome to twenty six new members who have registered with the TecHKnow website over the past few months. We have recently updated all areas of the website so that we can guarantee a safe and secure environment for all of our members.
As a reminder of who we are. TecHKnow has been in existence since May 2004. Yes we are that old! Since we went live at 0800hrs on May17th to be precise, our mission statement has been more or less the same.
To allow school science technicians to come together regardless of length of service or their position to share knowledge, information and best practice across the profession.
In the face of the growing popularity of social media like Facebook and other established websites, it is difficult, time consuming and even financially impossible to compete with the services they provide. That is not a sign of weakness. Rather, it is a strong acceptance that we remain always true to our core mission statement and focus at all times in providing you, our valued member, with a website platform and a FREE service to allow you to;
- Contribute your knowledge and professional experience across our growing community. As a consequence of your contribution, others receive a high quality of advice and help.
- To create and develop groups to discuss ideas of professional, scientific and practical importance within the profession.
- To promote greater recognition and consistency for the technician role.
How we do this is easy. We place you at the center of everything that we do. For example.
- If you have any news, information, ideas that would be helpful to the community, then we are happy to share this on our front news page area.
- As a member you can participate freely in our Forums area. There are various sections for professional topics of interest and an area also for out of work chat.
- You can create and manage a public or private group covering endless professional themes, ideas or topics of interest.
- Our Wiki area allows you to publish large or small articles where you can contribute your specialised professional knowledge to the community on a wide range of topics.
- You can simply lurk, browse and pick up any help or information that available anwhere around the site.
So whether you are a long standing member or a newbie, I think we can help each other. We have been successfully serving the Science technician profession for sixteen years. I maybe biased, but I strongly believe we are quite good at helping you carry out your nine to five job more effectively, easily & safely. Iif you just want a place to a groan about work & home life we are here for that as well!
We always welcome feedback regarding any area of TecHKnow and we are always available to help you answer any questions that you might have. You can always contact us via our private messenger facility, by email techknowuk at gmail.com or, post a message below.