Discussion pages are available for any contributor to submit their comments, advice, opinions about a specific page on the wiki or an article. Through the discussion pages, articles are developed and improved
ADVICE - Please use only the discussion page associated with the specific article page. Each srticle has its own Discussion page. Leaving your comments or opinions elsewhere is counterproductive, stupid, wastes time and only leads to alot of confusion.
When writing on a TecHKnow Wiki Discussion pages certain methods of communication are unhelpful, while others help make progress smoother. The following list is designed to help editors use these pages effectively.
Behavior that is unacceptable on TecHknow Wiki
Please note that the following are of sufficient importance to be official TecHKnow Wiki policy. Violations (and especially repeated violations) may lead to the offender being banned from TecHKnow Wiki.
- No personal attacks. This mainly means:
- No insults: Don't write that user such and so is an idiot, or otherwise insult them (even if they are an idiot). Instead, explain what they did wrong, why it is wrong, and how to fix it.
- Don't bite the newcomers! You may be a regular contributor to TecHKnow Wiki, but please be patient with any newcomers particularly if they don't at first follow the rules.
- Avoid attacks: Calling somebody a "fascist bastard" (or the like) is generally not a good way of supporting your argument or making friends!
- Don't threaten people: That will definitely get you banned from here! Please go back and read our Terms and conditions of use of TecHKnow Wiki
- Don't misrepresent other people: As a rule, refrain from editing others' comments without their permission. Though it may appear helpful to correct typing errors, grammar, etc, please do not go out of your way to bring discussion pages to publishing standards, since it is not terribly productive and will tend to irritate the users whose comments you are correcting. Certainly don't edit someone's words to change their meaning. Editing or deleting your own words is up to you. Also avoid putting others' comments in the wrong context. However, you are allowed to append to the end of someone's comment if they have failed to sign it.
- Assume good faith : In other words, try to consider the person on the other end of the discussion as a thinking, rational being who is trying to positively contribute to TecHKnow Wiki — unless, and only unless, you have firm, solid, and objective proof to the contrary. Merely disagreeing with you is no such proof.
- Communicate: When communicating on a talk page, answer if somebody asks for further explanation of your edits. Don't just repeat yourself instead.
- Be concise: If your post is longer than 100 words and is not a detailed, point by point discussion (and if it is, see below), consider shortening the result. Long, rambling messages are frequently difficult to understand, and therefore difficult to deal with appropriately. As a result, rambling posts are frequently either ignored or misunderstood.
- Use English: No matter who you are addressing your comments to, it is preferred that you use English on our discussion pages. This is because one's comments should be comprehensible to the community at large.
If you are having a disagreement or a problem with someone's behavior, please contact the Administrator.
What Discussion pages may be used for
- Discussion pages are not for general chatter. Please keep discussions on these pages on the topic of how to improve the associated article.
- Discussion pages are also not strictly a forum to argue different points of view about controversial issues. They are a forum to discuss how different points of view should be included in the article so that the end result is a neutral point of view. Partisan debates do not align with the mission of TecHKnow Wiki, and get in the way of the job of writing an science and technology information and knowledge base.
For issues which have a correct and relatively undisputed answer, please do feel free to use the Discussion pages to facilitate fact checking (which sometimes includes resolving disputes over factual accuracy).
Don't use a lot of Italic text, Bolded text, or CAPITAL LETTERS. These are considered SHOUTING, and contribute to the view that you are RANTING!!!!!
Avoid deleting comments on discussion pages, particularly comments made by others. When a discussion page's content has become extremely large or the discussion of the issue in hand has simply died down and no one has a reasonable chance of adding to it, create a new page.